Monday, June 15, 2009

...I start my internship tomorrow.

So, I graduated from college and am set to start the next phase of my life. This means my internship draws nigh. As such, I am a cluster of contradicting emotions: apprehension, excitement, reluctance, eagerness. The prospect of starting over is rather daunting. In the past 48 hours, I said goodbye and farewell to my closest friends of the past four years, knowing that though we will most certainly see each other again, it will never be in the same way. Those who I saw as free-spirited, naive girls in Tiffin Hall are now mature young women, wise in ways that dwarf their former selves. It sometimes surprises people that I've not only maintained these relationships all throughout college but have lived with these same people all four years. That's pretty neat. At the same time, I understand the concern that I didn't branch out as much as I could've and my ability to make new friends is weak. It's a concern of mine as well... But enough of that. Let's hope for the best and face the new day without trepidation. Chautauqua, New York, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment